Amy E. Cavanaugh, M.S., director
The Office of Career Services assists students in all aspects of career development, including helping students identify and choose major fields of study, plan and develop careers, and apply effective job search skills for finding internships, summer jobs, and full-time employment; post-graduate volunteer service; and graduate and professional school applications.
Freshmen through seniors, as well as alumni, are encouraged to visit and use the career services facility, located in Orrico Hall. Professional staff are available for individual appointments or workshops to guide students and alumni through every stage of college and career development:
- Individual career advising and job search assistance;
- Guidance in choosing a major;
- Resources, including career publications, computers, copier, fax, phone for career search, extensive career library;
- Workshops on various topics, including résumé writing, job searching, how to work a job fair, and interviewing;
- On-campus recruiting and job fairs;
- Electronic job postings (website), internships, and summer jobs;
- Contacts with corporations and alumni for informational interviews;
- Assistance in all phases of graduate and professional school applications and post-graduate service applications.
For details contact the director, career services, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, Oregon 97203-5798. Phone (503) 943-7201 or (800) 227-4568. E-mail: email@example.com. Webpage: www.up.edu/career.