Amy E. Cavanaugh, M.S., M.B.A., director
The Career Center supports students in all aspects of career development, including guidance in identifying skills, interests, and values as they relate to choice of major and vocation. The Career Center provides students and alumni with the resources and tools to discover meaningful professional experiences. Students can connect to a variety of work-integrated learning opportunities and meet with professional staff to discern post-graduate options, including full-time employment, post-graduate volunteer service, and graduate and professional school.
Freshmen through seniors, as well as alumni, are encouraged to visit and use the Career Center facility, located in Orrico Hall. Professional staff are available for individual appointments or workshops to guide students and alumni through every stage of college and career development:
- Individual career advising and job search assistance;
- Guidance in choosing a major, exploring careers, and securing an internship;
- Workshops on various topics, including résumé writing, internship and job searching, how to work a job fair, LinkedIn, and interviewing;
- On-campus recruiting and internship/job fairs;
- Centralized database for internships, summer, part-time, and full-time opportunities;
- Contacts with recruiters and alumni for informational interviews;
- Assistance in all phases of graduate and professional school applications and post-graduate service applications.
For details contact the director, Career Center, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, Oregon 97203-5798. Phone (503) 943-7201 or (800) 227-4568. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org. Webpages: www.up.edu/career and www.up.edu/career/internship