Br. Thomas Giumenta, C.S.C., learning assistance counselor
The Learning Assistance program offers individual assessment, course and workshop training, and counseling opportunities to help students make more efficient use of their time, energy, and personal resources. The program focuses on academic issues which generally confront all university students, such as:
- Understanding and meeting classroom expectations
- Developing effective study strategies
- Dealing with test anxiety
- Enhancing test-taking abilities
- Improving concentration and memory
- Increasing academic motivation and self-confidence
- Balancing work, school, and social life
- Improving reading or writing skills
- Finding academic resources, support, and assistance.
Learning assistance is provided in the Learning Commons, Buckley Center 163. For more information, contact the Learning Commons at (503) 943-8002 or go to the Learning Assistance Counseling webpage at www.up.edu/SARC.