Amy E. Cavanaugh, M.S., M.B.A., director
The Career Center supports students in all aspects of career development, including guidance in identifying skills, interests, and values as they relate to choice of major and vocation and opportunities to learn about industries and professional pathways. The Career Center provides students and alumni with the resources and tools to explore and apply to meaningful professional experiences. Students can connect to a variety of work-integrated learning opportunities and meet with professional staff to discern post-graduate options, including full-time employment, post-graduate volunteer service, and graduate and professional school. The Career Center hosts a variety of programs that provide students an opportunity to meet employers and alumni including employer information sessions, site visits, career panels, and career fairs.
First-year through seniors from all majors are strongly encouraged to visit and utilize the Career Center, located in Orrico Hall. Professional staff are available for individual appointments or workshops to coach students through every stage of college and career development:
- Individual career advising including internship and job search assistance, feedback on resumes and cover letters, interview preparation, mock interviews, networking, and LinkedIn.
- Career counseling appointments including choosing and changing a major as well as career exploration.
- Workshops on various topics, including resume writing, internship and job searching, how to work a job fair, and interviewing.
- Connections to employers and alumni through employer information sessions, on-campus interviews, career panels, and internship/job fairs.
- Guidance in making connections with recruiters and alumni for informational interviews.
- Access to Handshake, a centralized database for internships, summer, part-time, and full-time opportunities.
- Guidance in discernment and application to full-time jobs, post-graduate service, and graduate/professional school.
For details contact the director, Career Center, 5000 N. Willamette Blvd., Portland, Oregon 97203-5798. Phone (503) 943-7201 or (800) 227-4568. E-mail: email@example.com. Webpages: www.up.edu/career and www.up.edu/career/internship