University of Portland Bulletin 2016-2017


Prospective students who are eligible for veterans educational benefits should contact the School Certifying Official in the Office of Financial Aid at the University at the time application for admission is made.

Veterans and other students eligible for educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs (DVA) are subject to the standard of satisfactory progress (SAP) as required by DVA rules and regulations.

Any student receiving veterans education benefits while attending University of Portland is required to obtain transcripts from all previously attended schools and submit them to the school for review of prior credit.

Benefit recipients are required to notify the School Certifying Official of any adds, drops, withdrawals, or changes of program of study.

The educational records of the students receiving benefits as well as other students not on benefits (for comparison), may be provided to authorized state and federal personnel without prior consent of the student under 45 CFR. Part 99.3 and Part 99.35 (Protection and the Right of Privacy of Parents and Students).

Information regarding the use of veterans benefits, including a handbook for veterans benefits at the University of Portland is available on the Office of Financial Aid website at

If additional guidance is needed, the School Certifying Official can be contacted by email at, by telephone at 503.943.7311, or at the Office of Financial Aid in Waldschmidt Hall. The Federal Department of Veterans Affairs can be reached at 800.827.1000.